Climate report commands action from policymakers
USC Faculty respond
Eliminating single-use plastic bottles on campus
Carbon Footprint Calculator
Green Your Office
Make Your Event
- 2022 Graduate Yun Li Awarded Top PhD Honor for Exemplary ResearchYun Li researches the impact of energy system decarbonization and land surface properties on urban air quality.
- USC Viterbi-Led Team Wins $15 Million NSF Expeditions in Computing AwardU.S. National Science Foundation’s award will fund USC’s work to address scaling challenges and significant power demands in computing.
- How do we warn future generations about our toxic waste?In the New Humanist, USC’s Vincent Ialenti says nuclear energy’s toxic waste requires communicating with people 10,000 years in the future.
- Hot Enough for You? Why City Dwellers Say Yes—and What They Can Do About ItAs cities get hotter, cooling strategies can combat the dire consequences to our physical and mental well-being.
USC Sustainability News
- COMMENCEMENT 2022: USC Viterbi graduate Saket Venkatesh is harnessing his industrial and systems engineering skills to develop badminton shuttlecocks that avoid animal cruelty and cut waste.
- The president — a biologist — notes that diverse perspectives are key to creating a more sustainable future, whether students come from backgrounds in business, engineering or the arts.
- USC experts predict wildfire threat to grow in coming years, but see hope in new mitigation methods.
- COMMENCEMENT 2022: The goal for commencement ceremony venues is to be zero-waste — or as close to zero-waste as possible.
Join the Conversation
Events and Activities
Reducing Plastic Pollution
USC recognizes the opportunity to exercise environmental responsibility through purchasing decisions
and is committed to balancing environmentally and fiscally responsible purchasing.