Caring For Our Home
A Conversation on Ecology, Sustainability and Faith, presented by the Institute for Advanced Catholic Studies at USC. February 2, 2023, 1pm.
USC Sea Grant Request for Research Proposals
The USC Sea Grant Program is soliciting preliminary proposals for research projects of one or two years’ duration beginning February 1, 2024.
Wrigley Institute Annual Research Symposium
February 23, 2023, 12pm, Michelson Center for Convergent Bioscience, University Park Campus.
The 2023 Sustainability T-Shirt Design Contest
All are invited to participate in the USC Sustainability T-Shirt Design Contest. Check USC Bookstores for details.
President’s Sustainability Internship Program
The internship program connects students with co-curricular learning opportunities that advance USC’s sustainability. Applications for the ’23-’24 cohort are now open.
1 million plastic bottles removed
Thank you for helping USC divert over 1 million plastic beverage bottles since the Single-use Plastics ban went into effect. USC is on its way to achieving Assignment: Earth's goal of zero waste by 2028. Find out how you can help.
USC Sustainability Hub to open in Spring 2023
The new hub will be housed in the Student Union building and will be a space for collaboration and research focused on Assignment: Earth initiatives.
USC’s framework for
a greener campus
Carbon Footprint Calculator
Sustainability Data Hub
Make Your Event
- USC saves 1 million plastic bottles from landfillThe University announced in a November USC News article that it prevented 32 tons of plastic, or the equivalent of one million bottles, from being sent into landfills.
- Infusing Sustainability across USCIn her end of year letter to the Trojan community, President Folt highlighted some of the university’s major achievements in sustainability in 2022.
- USC Cinematic Arts presents its inaugural Eco Film & Media Arts FestivalFilmmakers and USC student directors joined together to bring awareness to the climate crisis through short films.
- Climbers clean up Joshua Tree National ParkClimbers and locals came together to give the national park a makeover in the inaugural Joshua Tree Facelift event.
Reducing Plastic Pollution
- Who could have predicted that gas stoves would be the latest hot topic to ignite the nation’s culture wars?
- Keck Medicine of USC is curbing the environmental impacts of anesthesia in operating rooms — and saving money
- Larissa Gurjão Pereira De Lima’s game teaches teams to tackle the most difficult problems facing organizations, governments and countries across the globe.
- Tens of thousands of Trojans have taken part in the continuing effort.
Events and Activities
Join the Conversation
USC recognizes the opportunity to exercise environmental responsibility through purchasing decisions
and is committed to balancing environmentally and fiscally responsible purchasing.