More water restrictions are coming: how to conserve 

Water restrictions are coming

Officials are imposing tough water-use restrictions on about 6 million people in southern California. Many are looking for practical ways to conserve.

About 80% of water used in the state goes toward agriculture, Kelly Sanders, associate professor of civil and environmental engineering at USC, told The Times last year. The other 20% is urban usage, she said, which is split roughly in half between indoor and outdoor use.

Read story in LA Times